As we all know by now Dwight Howard received the NBA's Community Assist Award in the month of January and on Wednesday had a career high 7 assists against Milwaukee.
It must be pointed out though with the Knicks strolling into the Amway that one of his biggest career assists was to the other team. Nate Robinson has benefited tremendously since soaring over Dwight in the dunk contest.
Lets take a look:
- Dime Magazine shows us that Nike gave Nate his own limited edition shoe the Nike Foamposite Lite Kryptonate.
- Darren Rovell of CNBC shows us a photo of Nate's 80 foot billboard over Madison Square Garden which is a space that has been shared by Lebron and Lance Armstrong.
- Within the same article we see from NBA auctions that Nate's green ball sold for $8,650 .
- The New York Times tells us that Nate's jersey is now in the top 5 in sales at nbastore.com.
- New York Newsday points out that only Kobe, Lebron, Wade, and Durant have outscored Nate's 25.8 ppg since the all-star break.
- Heck The Onion even wrote an article about Nate jumping over Dwight in everyday life.
Though the kudos and marketing oppurtunities for Nate have increased personally it has not exactly led to team success which I am sure Coach D'Antoni hopes is the next step. Either way it will be interesting to see what his value is around the league as he is a restricted free agent this summer.With that said enjoy the game and the madness.