Friday, March 20, 2009

JJ's Ejection... What Really Happened


During the Magic's win against the Sixers back on February 28th, JJ Redick was ejected for the first time in his illustrious NBA Career. It was kind of a mystery as to why until Mr. Redick cleared the air in his blog. He wrote:

I boxed out Reggie Evans as one of his teammates shot the ball. The ball goes through the net. Evans starts running up court and after he’s about 10-15 feet away from me he turns and says something inaudible. I still don’t know what he said. I replied, “My bad, Reggie”. That’s it.

Next thing I know some ref that’s forty feet away is calling a double technical on Evans and me. I walked over calmly at first and asked him, “How can you give me a technical without knowing what was said? All I said was ‘My bad, Reggie’”. He said that he “didn’t want to hear it,” and turned his back to me. And then I said, “Well that’s stupid”. Next thing I know he tosses me out of the game. It’s the two most bogus technicals I’ve ever gotten in my life.


Hmmm. Not sure that I buy it. So, I dug into the archives and turned up the volume. What you are about to read is the actual conversation between JJ, referee Monty Mccutchen, and Reggie Evans.



JJ:
Hey Reggie, how are things?
Reggie: Pretty good. Preeetttyyyy prettttttyyyy good.
JJ: So, did you get a chance to read that book I gave you?
Reggie: I did, and thank you for recommending it for me.
JJ: So what did you think? I mean, considering the tenets of Taoism, ya know, like Wu wei and scripture such as Daozang, which member of the 100 Acre Woods would you be?
Reggie: Ya know, I thought about it. I wish I could be more like Pooh and just accept life and things around me as they appear, but that is difficult. That said, I would consider myself like Piglet... Always stressed, always worrying. I think I need help with that, JJ.
JJ: That's really interesting, Reggie. Perhaps you should start with a lesson in Wu wei... "Without action." Don't disrupt the harmony that is the universe working in its own way. Place your harmony with the natural universe.
Reggie: Thanks JJ, I'm really going to work on this.
JJ: No problem!
Monty: Hey! What are you hippies talking about?
JJ: Go screw yourself.
Reggie: Yeah!
Monty: What? Double T's!
JJ: **** you!
Monty: That's it. You're ejected!

2 comments:

  1. The Big Train, thanks for getting us the real scoop of what went down. I kinda figured this is what happened.

    ReplyDelete

Yahoo! Sports - NBA - Orlando Magic News

This blog is a fan blog, and is in no way affiliated with the Orlando Magic or the NBA. The views on this blog are for entertainment and informational purposes only.

Credit "Sebi" from the Orlando Magic Message board for the title graphic.


Contact us at PSTBMBlog@gmail.com