Tonight at 8 PM on the ESPN Orlando will host the Boston Celtics in what might be the biggest game of the year for both teams. At stake is the 2nd spot in the Eastern Conference and thus home court against the other team should both advance past the first round. Currently both are tied in the loss column with 18 losses. Kevin Garnett will be back for Boston, as he logged 12 points in 18 minutes against the Clippers on Monday.
Boston has taken 2 out of 3 this year from Orlando, with the Magic's only win being in Boston against a Celtic team missing both Kevin Garnett and Rajon Rondo.
Again, for those of you who will be in attendance, it is an 8 PM game and be loud enough to drown out those damn Celtic fans.
Here is what the internet has to say about tonight's game:
- The Canadian Press notes that Doc Rivers is more concerned with getting his team healthy than gaining homecourt advantage.
- The Boston Herald reminds us that Orlando's magic number to clinch the division is 1.
- John Denton of the Florida Today understands the importance of tonight's game.
- As Ray Allen told the Boston Globe, "We've been talking about Cleveland and Orlando all year, [The Magic] beat us last time here on our floor, so this is a big game for us."
- If you gamble, the line is Magic +3.5.
- Even the LA Times is talking about tonight's game.
- HoopsWorld touches in the amount of hype Cleveland and Boston gets.
- And finally, here is the Orlando Sentinel preview and Schmitz blog post on the game.